We got a little wild last night and tried a Woman’s Day Recipe… C’s idea.. not so much mine. I never thought in a million years he’d try out this one… Cauliflower Couscous Paprika Shrimp
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. dried apricots (or 3 fresh), roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 c. fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Remove and discard any leaves from the cauliflower. Thinly slice the head and place it in the bowl of a food processor. Roughly chop the thick stems and add them to the food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until it is finely chopped and resembles couscous (re-pulse any big pieces separately, if necessary).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower, apricots, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Season the shrimp with paprika and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Working in batches, cook the shrimp until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add the cucumber and mint to the cauliflower and toss to combine. Serve with the shrimp.
PER SERVING 273 CAL, 10 G FAT (1G SAT FAT), 108 MG CHOL, 990 MG SOD, 26 G PRO, 19 G CAR, 2 G FIBER
Did we love it? No… not really… but I’m proud we did it I guess!