Nothin like cross country skiing in the suburbs. I’d guess this was around 1997? My sister sportin the all purple look… I was obsessed with the Charlotte hornets specifically for their awesome colors. Didn’t quite have the starter jacket but my mom got me the closest thing to it? (just a turquoise and purple coat).
I’m bringin it back baby! What I’m loving Wednesday!!!
NF: First and foremost I’m always loving NF. He looks thrilled to be up at 7:30 am in 2 degree temperatures.
Diamond Candles: I am obsessed. Diamond candles are candles that have a ring inside that can be worth a lot of money. These are the pictures my cousin sent me of the candle and ring I sent her for her birthday. I also got my friend one, Honey Citrus. I want everyone I know to have one. I really would like to own and smell the cherry almond cookie ring candle.
This name plate necklace: I just love it ok.
Giuliana Rancic: love love love her… and so happy Fashion Police is back on because she is my favorite ever.
The Flat White at Starbucks: I haven’t tried it yet, so I can’t say I love it… but I love that I am going to try it soon.
One Piece at Target: ladies and gentlemen I did it… I bought a one piece and I couldn’t be happier. THE PRESSURE of only having revealing bikinis is gone. I don’t give a f if C thinks I should wear a bikini… I think I should wear THIS and be comfortable and appropriate… I still have the bikinis and I can wear them sometimes (like in the dark alone at night at home). Loved the price of this too!
cast reveal for new Ghostbusters: OMFGGGGGG…. I love everyone! Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Today is Wednesday and I am saying so WHAT if…
- It’s 2 degrees outside… (it was zero RIGHT before I took the picture, I wish I got it at zero)
- I wish my mpg were higher than 18.6
- I’ve had my car for less than 4 months and I already have more than 5,000 miles on it
- I wish Giuliana Rancic was my friend in real life
- I think Marshawn Lynch is a tool and “I’m here so I won’t get fined” IS going to get you in the media, you’re in a 30 million dollar contract, it’s part of your job… 20k for a crotch grab, that’s a down payment on a house for a regular person UGH.
- My 3 year old son yelled “30 lots a dollars!!!!!!!!!!!” at his hairdresser while getting his hair cut, and I have NO idea why, or where that came from
- I vow to never get a tattoo HOLD ME TOO IT neverrr.
- If I don’t watch The Bachelor THE NIGHT it is on.. it’s difficult for me to gather enough motivation/effort to devote 2 hours (well minus the commercials) to getting through it
- I love award show season
I attended a group tasting for my friend who is getting married at The Lodge at Welch Allyn. The venue is located in Skaneateles, NY.
We walk in and before us is this gorgeous table and center piece with names and table numbers. I really loved the table cloth, it looks like flower peddles. The entry was very impressive. You keep going and you have two large sets of stairs going down to where the tables and dance floor etc are.
This is the view from upstairs.
The Hors D’oeuvres were served from 5-6 PM and I made SURE I tried everything.
The first thing I tried, ended up being my favorite hor d’oeuvre of the night! The macaroni and cheese station. They offered BLT Mac and Cheese with Pancetta, Arugula and Sundried Tomatoes… and the Black and Blue Steak Mac and Cheese. To my surprise I LOVED the Black and Blue Steak Mac and Cheese more than the BLT… and I really LOVED IT. It was sooo good. And served in a martini glass, so fun!
This was some of the hummus, pita chips, crackers, chips, spinach and artichoke dip, creole shrimp dip… all very good.
Cheese Fondue, vegtables with gorgonzola dip, focaccia bread with hot tomato oil etc… I loved all the fresh vegtables and gorgonzola dip… not totally impressed with the fondue… something too communal about fondue at weddings.
This was the scallop small plate station. It was a pan seared scallop with corn pudding, wilted spinach, tomato garlic jam and balsamic… this was really fancy looking, and took a lot of effort to prepare. The scallop was gigantic. Buttt I think we all agreed… just give me a bit size bacon wrapped scallop and I am satisified, this was over the top for me.
The slider station. BBQ prok slider with jalapeno coleslaw served on a cheddar biscuit… this was so good!! But it took like an entire minute for him to prepare 1 (to be fair they were very carefully made) – but people had to wait a while to get one. They were VERY good though. On the other side was the Blue Cheese scallion infused slider with mixed greens and chipotle mayo on a pretzel role… this had a big slice of cheese on it which was good, but not melted – which is okay… the pretzel roll also was just room temperature – These were both very good… I just feel like I would rather save room for more coconut shrimp.
Other hors d’oeuvres I tried… bang bang chicken bites (I was dying to try these)… they were hard to find, I had to basically stalk the kitchen doors – when I had them I was only 50% satisfied, they were amazing, but they were cold. The beef tenderloin on a crostini topped with spinach gorgonzola and balsamic glaze, very good. Coconut shrimp ALWAYS a fav (their shrimp were HUGE). Then the interesting vegetarian hor d’oeuves option, endive cups with beets, pecans, goat cheese and port reduction, they were good… I just feel like most of your guest will be confused by them… like do I eat this thing? or just the food off it it? I understood though? Maybe I am not giving people enough credit to figure it out.
Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures of the entrees and salads! (I AM SO MAD I DIDNT)
The salads. We tried “the lodge” – mesculin and spinach blend, raspberries, candied walnuts, poin reyes blue cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. The raspberries were fun, normally it’s strawberries. This was good. Then we tried the Caprese – which I was expecting big mozzarella and tomato… but it was lettuce, with cherry tomattoes, and mozzarella balls. This was okay.
For the Entrees we had… The center cut 8 oz fliet with a sweet paprika blend and smoked tomato bordelaise…. oh my god this fliet was huge and cooked medium rare (at least that’s what I think, which is what I like)… it was so good. Then we had the maple mustard glazed airline chicken breast, with brown sugar sweet potatoes, and carrot ribbons…. chicken was good, sweet potatoes amazing… we all hated that airline was in the name… it just made us think of airplane food. Then we had the vegtable lasagna roll ups… eh ok… at that point I was like where is the desert, and I can’t move.
They had a smore station… fire roasted marshmellows, chocolate fondue with assorted toppings and sauces.
Mini ice cream cones… I felt like these would be amazing while on the dance floor take a break for a mini cone and chug some wine and then get back to it. So refreshing and perfect size for extra small toddler.
The chocolate chip cookie cups with white russians… this is what we were all waiting for… how was it going to work? the cups were lined with some chocolate… it was so fancy coming out and impressive… the white russians were cold and delicious… the chocolate chip cups… they were a little hard but I guess you’d expect that.
There were these cup cakes.
There was a bread pudding and white russian duo – which was deep fried bread pudding with assorted sauces and whipped cream – with a mini white russian on the side. I LOVED THIS… i could eat those deep fried bread pudding things ALL DAY LONG they were so so good.
I didn’t read the complete invite so I didn’t realize there was going to be FIREWORKS!!!!!! WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! I was so impressed I couldnt believe it… fireworks for me? (haha not me, but the tasting)… it was amazing, and each wedding includes the fireworks (at least I think that’s how it works)… so so so memorable and fun! Love it!
But it’s not overrrrrrr… on your way out you can pick up Fried Chicken, Cheese and Egg on a Biscuit all wrapped up for you in tin foil… This was THE BEST idea ever… the late night snack station! Not that I am ever still hungry when I leave a wedding… but I took this and put it in my fridge when i got home and had it for breakfast and I was like YES YES YES!!! Very nice!
Overall I was super impressed with The Lodge and that they put on this tasting event. So fun!
Dear NF, You have the best taste in music… and then the wiggles come on and you’re like freaking out… totally weird, I’ll never understand the wiggles.
Dear The Wiggles, maybe you have to be 3 and under to get it… and you’re probably crazy rich.
Dear upcoming pedicure, I CAN’T FREAKING WAITTTT.
Dear Rider Strong, at one point in my life when I read the Disney Adventure’s magazine I was in love with you (well your character Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World). Heard ya just got married… and you look exactly the same but with a beard. Congratulations.
Disney Adventures Magazine, I just looked you up… you ran from 1990 – 2007… very interesting… I wonder if my mom kept them in a box some place… who am I kidding, I wonder WHERE my mom kept them in a box some place.
Dear wedding tasting I am attending, OMFREAKINGGODDDDDDDDDDD I am so excited to eat so much coconut shrimp!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Smellen, where ya been my baby sister it’s been 5 days since I’ve seen your face.
Dear C Rel Cus, betcha didn’t know you’d have a friday letter. Or that I just made up that name for you. Come over with bagels and cookies again pleassssse.
Dear Florida, are you warm? please be 70’s when I visit you.
Dear Patriots letting air out of balls, THEY WOULDA CRUSHED THE COLTS ANYWAYS SO WAHH wah wahh I dontcare. and I dont even like the patriots… I just might have a thing for Tom.
Dear Parenthood, where the HECK IS HADDIE!!! I almost called her maddie….
Dear Janmanisabobalogadingdong, stop being with your bf and visit me and NF when you’re in Syracuse. BOOOOOOOOM I said it… if you even READ this thing.
Dear tropical island, I want you.
Today is Thursday and here are my Thursday Thoughts…
I was overly disappointed last night when Modern Family and The Middle were repeats. Just sayin.
I was okay with Lorenzo Lamas being fired from Celebrity Apprentice Monday. I did like him, but I didn’t know who he was… and the other team clearly won.
I hate to admit that I am interested in viewing Kim K’s selfie book…
Today is Wednesday and I am saying SO WHAT if..
- I am going to do a tasting for my friend’s wedding this weekend, and I couldn’t be more excited especially since there is no pressure, because HEY it’s not my wedding, I’m just there to try the food!
- I don’t know why but today I think Cory Monteith is hot
- I have Elton John’s I’m still Standing stuck in my head
- I’m obsessed with watching Watch What Happens Live dvr’d on the treadmill, it’s perfect for a quick work out
- Obama’s State of the Union Address… I will not comment. You will not know how I feel good or bad or indifferent.
- I wonder how Teresa Giudice is doing right now
- I wonder if Hannah on girls will move back to NYC from Iowa and at what point in the season will that happen
- I love chocolate a lot
- I MISSED the 2nd episode of Fashion Police!!!!!! It better be on demand.
- I am going to sound really annoying to some of you right now… but weight loss competitions at the gym stink because I can’t possibly participate in them because there is no chance I can lose enough lbs to win (even when it’s percent of weight loss and by gender)…. so I am not eligible to win free memberships or prizes (I KNOW there are worse things in the world to happen to me, but there I said it….. and I love to win prizes and get free things so this kinda thing is something I’d love to do). AND I am not saying I am perfect super skinny etc… I’m just saying I don’t have enough % weight to lose to win a competition.
- I might wear a fanny pack on vacation because it just seems right…. and I REALLY want it to be neon colored.
- It was 2 degrees today and I hate that a lot
- I really want to eat Chocolate all day long
- the easter bunny is so weird
- I miss watching the neighbors on ABC on Fridays or Wednesdays
- christina milian and lil wayne are together….. it’s kind of exciting
- I am KIND of obsessed with diamond candles right now… get a candle (I get credit through that link)… they are so so so fun