My Totally Trying it July Edition Results. You can view my original post here.
1. Watch This is 40 – Jen from http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/ recommends it so it’s gotta be good.
Well…. I never did this. Totally trying it total fail. I know, what’s the point of having a totally trying it when you’re not going to do it? Sorry, sorry… some day I will view this movie.
2. Try a new cocktail – It will be my mission to try a new cocktail this month and I’ll report back to you what it was and how much I liked/hated it.
3. Read Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan – I loved Jim Gaffigan’s stand ups on Netflix soooo I’d probably love this book too.
I’ve read exactly 79% of this book on my kindle… so I can report on it so far. It’s good. It’s funny. It’s all about kids. It’s chapter after chapter of jokes about having 5 kids and living in a two bedroom appartment in NYC… to be honest though, it might have been easier for me to just actually watch a 90 minute stand up than read this book. I did relate to the book because I do have a small child, but I didn’t totally relate because it’s from a dad’s perspective.
4. Cook with shrimp – I didn’t do it in June… soooo I better do it in July?
BOOO I lose. I did not cook with shrimp in June OR July. SO I left it off my I’m totally trying it August Edition. My problem is… I never picked out a recipe… and then when I’m at the grocery store I go to look to buy shrimp and I am like WTF THAT’S WHAT SHRIMP COSTS?! And then I walk away. Every time it shocks me how much shrimp costs. I can buy 12 hot italian sausages for $8 and that can feed us 3 meals (well C would perfer it feeds us 2 meals but I stretch)…. I’m not spending $18 or something on some shrimp I dont even know is going to taste good. I can go to Olive Garden and get an $18 meal with shrimp in it and I KNOW it’ll taste good. and who am I kidding if I ever did get the chance to go out to eat, sorry Olive Garden, but it wouldn’t be you… it would be another fancy Italian Restuarant I dream of going to. Sorry shrimp (and Olive Garden for the shout out then immediate dis)… maybe another month.
5. Give to a new charity – I’m excited to do some research and find something
Ugh, well… I gave $5 to the Ronald McDonald House for a 50/50 raffle… and I was really dissapointed that I didn’t win. This was probably another fail. Giving to a charity in hopes of winning money back isn’t really the reason to give to charity. Get it together AL!
5. The Goodies Company Subscription Box – I’m going to try a new subscription box!
Ohh yes mam I did this and you can read my review here. I’m liking this subscription box! $7 (that includes shipping) for a box of random food snacks! Okay, I’m down with that!