Dear NF, I absolutely love that you introduce yourself to anyone, and then tell people, “and that’s my friend mommy.” Can I call it now he’ll get the out going superlative or something similar to that.
Dear Jan man, hold that baby close and love your sister every second- the saddest day I’ve ever had with my sister was when she left after visiting me when NF was born. I will be there waiting for you at the airport.
Dear Mike Holloway, congratulations on winning survivor!!! you were one of my faves from the start!
Dear Carolyn Rivera, WHYYYYYYYYYYYY aren’t you on the 2nd chance season whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Dear mini frappuccino from Starbucks, I hear you callin, callin my nameeeee
Dear tv finales, whyyyyyyyyyyy what am I going to watch next week?!
Dear energy level, what the heck is up w you
Dear Smellen, don’t you stress about your wedding… we’ll get stuff done this weekend fo sho
Dear TeeVee, we’re like Oprah and Gayle… f’ing awesome bffs.
Dear Flax seed, someone explain to me if I should be eating this stuff or not…
Today’s Wednesday and I am saying SO WHAT if…
- I stayed up until 11 TWO nights in a row because of ABC television finales and premieres
- I can’t believe mad men is over
- I am glad Kaitlin is the bachelorette
- I can’t stop following the whole Bruce Jenner story
- it went from hot as heck Monday to freezing Wednesday… and frankly I guess I prefer the freezing, it’s better for sleeping and I am not ready to stop wearing sweaters… yeah I said it…
- both my boys got a hair cut and I feel tremendously better about being seen in public with them… or even just lookin at them at home…
- I love Riker Lynch… I actually didn’t even know him before DWTS and now I am a total fan… but I am glad Rumer Willis and Val Chmerkovkiy won last night
- Real housewives of NYC… I love it… but it’s like Bethenny show and then RHONY – the editors blend it as well as they can but it’s like Bethenny could have her own show for real… and Kristen Taekman could be a friend of the show… sorry I said it yeah
- I think cousins are really important… and everyone should try to keep in touch with them
- I need new clothes, but I feel like I have so much already
- I am craving a frappachino mini
- I am a huge Trader Joe’s fan like over night for real
- I dream of being able to dance really well… like DWTS kinda good
- I am proud of my accomplishments but I am disappointed in my failures so I forget about the accomplishments
- maybe I want a puppy… but I know that I don’t really want to deal with a puppy
- I am worried NF will not perform perfectly as a ring bearer in October… and that he really needs to be potty trained by then
Martha Stewart’s Canadian Bacon Strata
My sister made this Martha Stewart recipe for Mother’s day. Canadian Bacon Strata.
- Butter, softened (for pan)
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted, and cut in half
- 1/2 pound sliced (about 10 slices) Canadian bacon, halved
- 1 1/4 cups shredded (5 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish (oval or square); set aside. In dish, alternately arrange, cut side down, muffin halves and Canadian bacon. Sprinkle with cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, a pinch of pepper, and hot sauce until combined. Pour over muffins and bacon; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet; remove plastic wrap. Bake until puffed and set in the center (see note below), about 1 hour and 30 minutes. (Tent loosely with foil if strata starts to brown too quickly.) Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.